Anthony Whiteman knows a bit about running, as you will see from his impressive CV below! We at City Runs are really pleased that Anthony has agreed to pass on some of his knowledge through a monthly coaching column. You may think if you are a novice that this will not be relevant to you. Well you're wrong! Whatever level you are running at the principles of training, and most importantly improving, are the same.
An interesting fact regarding Anthony is that Kelly Holmes credits him with helping massively in her final preperations before her historic Olympic gold double.
Anthony Whiteman - personal bests:
- 800m: 1.45.81
- 1000m: 2.18.8
- 1500m: 3.32.34 (5th fastest all time)
- 1 mile: 3.51.90
- 3000m: 7.43.61
- World Champs at XC, indoor track, outdoor track, road relays
- Olympic Games 1996 & 2000
- Commonwealth Games 1998 3rd & 2002 4th
- World Student Games 1997: 1st
- European Indoor Champs 1996: 2nd
- European Outdoor Champs 1998 4th, 2002 9th